FINALLY Master Your Matches in the DNA Skills Workshop
The masterclass for those who want to build their family trees confidently and accurately using DNA
Now offered as a 10-week experience to give you EVEN MORE TIME to learn!
Now enrolling for March 26 – June 4, 2024!
This session is a 10-week learning masterclass experience! Click below to see payment plan options.
You can’t truly learn to work with your autosomal DNA matches in a single webinar, or even a one-day class.
The most confident, effective DNA learning happens when you have the perfect mix of instruction, hands-on experience, real-life case studies (lots of them), and personalized feedback on your progress. You need time to absorb, review and practice what you’re learning. You need to be able to talk about what you’re learning with both experts and peers. Each of these components is crucial–and we’ve brought them all together in the DNA Skills Workshop.
What comes with the DNA Skills Workshop?
- 10 weeks of interactive instruction, plus access to a week’s worth of self-study core concepts as soon as you register, to truly give you the TIME you need to master the skills being taught
- An expertly-designed curriculum following our proven SPIN process for confident, permanent learning: Study, Practice, Integrate and take Next Steps.
- 13 hours of prerecorded, close-captioned, online video instruction with full transcripts, so you can watch (and re-watch) at your own pace to master each concept. PLUS bonus content: about 4 hours of optional videos included as Resources.
- Four live group Q&A coaching sessions to reinforce your learning and answer your questions
- A live, 2-hour virtual culminating case study to review and put everything into practice
- A 30-minute, one-on-one personal coaching session to talk about your unique DNA questions, evidence and progress
- Expert-monitored discussion boards so you can talk about what you’re learning with others in your Workshop, with a coach overseeing the conversation
- TWO copies of Your DNA Guide—the Book to give you the best possible access to this essential do-it-yourself DNA manual. Flip through and mark up the print edition; your electronic edition is handy and portable.
- TWO copies of the full-color, 97-page DNA Skills Workbook with classwork, homework, answers and a Research Log for each lesson module. The print edition is easy to page through and write in and becomes a permanent reference for your library. The fillable PDF is portable and handy.
- Indefinite access to all online DNA Skills Workshop resources, so you can come back ANYTIME you want a refresher or if you’re working on a new DNA question.
- A Swag Box delivered to you with the goodies as shown below (international shipping times may vary). This special delivery brings your online experience into your real world, and helps you get even more excited and engaged in your learning experience.
Special Delivery: the DNA Skills Swag Box!
Retail value: $6270 USD
Our Regular Low Price: $997.00
Who needs this Workshop?
Anyone who has taken an autosomal DNA test, explored their results somewhat, and wants to REALLY learn how to use them to identify a mystery match and/or pursue a brick-wall ancestor. Those who have tested at AncestryDNA will likely have the most rewarding experience because of the site’s analysis tools and large database of testers. Read more about whether you’re ready for the Workshop and other important FAQs.
What will you learn?
- How to make your family tree DNA-friendly
- How to actually use your ethnicity results in your genealogical research
- How to distinguish and double-check genetic vs genealogical relationships
- How to find your generation of connection to your matches
- The value of Known Matches and how to find a Best Mystery Match
- How to use essential DNA tools, such as shared matches, AncestryDNA’s dot system, and “What Are the Odds?” (WATO)
- How to create genetic networks to organize your DNA matches into progressively more specific family groups
- How to build quick and simple trees, and organizing and working with trees for your DNA matches
- How to stay organized in your DNA research
What are people saying about the DNA Skills Workshop?
The time and energic enthusiasm, Diahan and her team provide us at each step of the PLAN is worth every penny. You Can Do DNA at your own pace. Top notch presentation and interaction with the participants. Thank you.
Boy, this course certainly opens the eyes when it comes to the different techniques available. You get to learn to use your DNA results and link them to your Genealogy work. Videos for classwork. Homework and your research log in a ring bound workbook, so it lays flat open or folded. No spine to break. Best of all, access to ALL the course is available online for the rest of your existence. So you can re-visit anytime to refresh your mind. A1.
The structure of this course allows anyone to learn and at their own pace. The presentation of this course was nothing but professional on any level and the resources you get to keep are fantastic. Diane takes you one step at a time leading to a final conclusion of success. I think you need a slightly more than basic knowledge prior to commencing this course.
This course is a significant commitment of time and money but I felt it was worth both. I was very surprised to learn that the course was a bit more basic than my skills, but I learned a lot. The course gave me confidence in what I had been doing and provided many pointers about techniques, organization, analysis, and other resources. One of the options was a buddy group to work with during the course and that was a real bonus. I also came out of the course with the goal of improving my research logs!
This course is worth taking, if you have hesitations, don’t. It is for any skill level, as Diahan has broken down the steps that need to be taken to solve your DNA/genealogical problems. The coaches are there every step of the way to answer any questions that come up also.
This course will give you the confidence you need to be able to work with your DNA matches!
The unique SPIN learning process in the DNA Skills Workshop
Learn DNA strategies in a series of shorter videos additional resources that build your understanding, one concept at a time. Watch the videos as many times as you like! They’re closed-captioned, with full transcripts.
Try and try again! Classwork and homework will give you plenty of opportunities for concepts to “sink in.” Case studies let you see how each concept plays out with real-life DNA questions.
Apply what you’ve learned with your own DNA test results! This is the most fun part. Research logs help you track your progress. Expert-monitored discussion boards and buddy groups help you apply the concepts to your unique situation.
You’ll get plenty of instructions on where to go next! You will learn about lots of different options, depending on your situation, and how to choose what to do to to continue your unique DNA journey.
The Course Creator
This Workshop is designed and instructed by Your DNA Guide Diahan Southard, a globally-renowned genetic genealogy educator. She brings the best aspects of her popular classes and webinars into an extended, hands-on format where you’ll learn in an interactive setting, work on real-life examples, follow up (live!) with your questions, and work on MORE examples for a progressive, confident and thorough learning experience. Plus, Diahan and her expert team will be checking your progress to make sure you are learning all the things you need to.
It works! Or your money back
We are so confident that the DNA Skills Workshop will make YOU more confident in using DNA for family history that we offer a money-back guarantee. If after 6 months from the start date of a Skills Workshop in which you have fully participated (meaning you have watched and marked “complete” each video tutorial, completed the classwork and homework, and have asked for help on the discussion boards), if you are not more confident in this ‘using-DNA’ thing, we will refund the full cost. Read more about our refund policy.