Transferring DNA Test Results to LivingDNA
If you have been tested at Ancestry.com, MyHeritage, 23andMe, or FamilyTreeDNA, you should consider transferring your results to LivingDNA, another DNA testing company. This gives you exposure to another group of people who have had their DNA tested, as well as gives you access to some additional genetic tools that you may find useful in your research.
LivingDNA lets you view your ethnicity results and genetic matches for FREE!
1. Go to the LivingDNA transfer page at: https://my.livingdna.com/upload/create-account
2. Fill out the form with your information, or if you already have an account, click on “sign in here”.
3. Choose who you are uploading for. If you are uploading data for another living adult they will need to give consent first. You can invite them to create an account at Living DNA before their raw data can be uploaded.
4. You will then go through a series of pages where you agree to Living DNA’s terms and conditions and privacy statement. We always recommend you read what you are agreeing to and ensure you are comfortable with it before you sign. If you are not in agreement don’t upload your raw data to Living DNA!
5. Then you will come to a screen where you input the tested individuals information. First name, last name, date of birth, sex, country of birth
6. Click on the red button to the right of ‘Upload a .txt or .csv DNA file’
7. Navigate to where your raw data file is located. Click on it and click ‘Choose’.
8. Click ‘Complete’.
9. Wait while the file is processed. Don't close the browser while the file is being uploaded.
10. You will get a confirmation message that the file was successfully uploaded.
It takes some time for Living DNA to analyze your data and compare it to their database. It usually takes a few minutes or hours to get ethnicity results. It can take a day or two to get match results.
If you want some help utilizing the bells and whistles at Living DNA, please consider a mentoring session. More information can be found here. We sit down with you on a one on one basis and go over any questions you may have!