Transferring DNA Test Results to myHeritage
If you have been tested at Ancestry.com, you should consider transferring your results to MyHeritage, another DNA testing company. This gives you exposure to another group of people who have had their DNA tested, as well as gives you access to some additional genetic tools that you may find useful in your research.
myHeritage lets you view your ethnicity results and genetic matches for free!
1. Go to the MyHeritageDNA homepage: https://www.myheritage.com/dna
2. Hover over the DNA tab at the top and click on 'Upload DNA Data':
3. Click on the start button.
4. If you have a MyHeritage account, click on the 'login" to login to your account. If you don't have one, then you will need to create a MyHeritage account.
5. You will need to specify if the data is from your sample or if it belongs to someone else. If the data belongs to someone else, you can enter the name of the person to whom the data belongs. This is helpful if you upload and manage multiple people's data.
6. You will need to read and accept the MyHeritage Service Terms.
7. Click 'Upload'
8. Navigate to the location on your computer where the raw data file is saved and click 'open' to upload it.
9. Wait while the file is processed. Don't close the browser while the file is being uploaded.
10. You will get a confirmation message that the file was successfully uploaded.
From there you can upload more files pr go to the 'Manage DNA kits' page to check the status of your DNA kit.
It takes some time for them to analyze your data and compere it to their database. It usually takes a few minutes or hours to get ethnicity results It can take a day or two to get match results.