Your DNA Guide—the Workbook
The must-have companion to Your DNA Guide—the Book!
Your DNA Guide—the Book takes you step-by-step through the various ways of using DNA to answer questions about your origins. Now with Your DNA Guide—the Workbook, you can document and organize your findings, track your progress, and DO the DNA to unlock the full potential of your DNA journey!
What’s in the Workbook?
- Spiral-bound and 80+ heavyweight pages
- Track (and evaluate) research goals
- Organize all test kit logins
- Identify and track target testing candidates
- Quick-reference worksheet for ancestral birth places
- Checklist of steps for building quick and simple trees
- Identify and track individual Best Mystery Matches
- Log contact history with DNA matches
- Identify and track Best Known Matches
- Handy chart and process for checking genetics v. genealogy
- Naming and color-coding genetic networks/match groups
- Visual, step-by-step worksheets for splitting genetic networks
- Tracking “Bottoms Up” method for splitting networks
- Step-by-step tracking of your Leftover network to identify Best Mystery Matches
- Finding generation of connection for Best Mystery Matches
- WATO worksheets: checklist for proper use, track and analyze results
- New research plan worksheet for next steps: genealogy
About the author
Diahan Southard is a globally-renowned genetic genealogy educator who has helped thousands of people use DNA. She has poured 20 years of experience into creating this self-guiding resource that can help everyone–but still customizes each person’s discovery path to meet their needs.
Already have Your DNA Guide- the Book? Get the Workbook to help you DO the DNA!
The hands-on, mark-it-up-with-sticky-notes-and-highlighters print edition
Don’t have Your DNA Guide- the Book yet? Get the bundle!
Get the print Book + companion Workbook that make it easy to keep track of your DNA progress
Shipping for the print edition is only available only in the U.S. and is free
Love everything that Diahan creates and teaches!
I haven't had time to work with it yet, but what I looked at, I liked.
Very useful guide to organize DNA research on my family tree
I have not gotten into the nuts and bolts of this book but knowing Diahan as I do, I can't think it's going to be worth the cost.
I have not received the workbook yet
Your DNA Guide—The Bundle (Book + Workbook) Print Version
Sorry, but I haven't had chance to crack the book. It's been purchased for late Spring "down time".
I paid for the bundle but only received “the Workbook”. Please advise if there is supposed to be a separate “Book”.
I still have not received The Book!