Finally Understand Your 23andMe Results | Take the 23andMeTour with Your DNA Guide
Millions of people around the world have taken DNA tests with 23andMe. But too many don’t understand their results! They miss powerful insights into their heritage.
The 23andMe Tour with Your DNA Guide has answers. DNA expert Diahan Southard personally escorts you through the essential components, settings and concepts for using your DNA to explore your family story at 23andMe. Our series of prerecorded video instructions, hands-on experience, workbook activities and a research log will help you apply what you learn to your own test results.
Take your 23andMe test results from confusion to clarity
Everyone deserves to know who they are and where they come from. DNA testing can help. But when you don’t understand your results, it can be disappointing and frustrating. Instead of gaining confidence about your origins, you may feel more confused. Instead of being excited to share with family and friends, you hesitate. You may even feel like you wasted your money.
It’s not just you! With DNA, there’s a learning curve.
That’s why we created the 23andMe Tour. It’s an online learning experience that takes about 2-3 hours (you set the pace!). You’ll watch a series of short, easy video tutorials. You’ll fill in a colorful, interactive PDF workbook. These exercises and activities will help you understand the DNA concepts and apply them to your own results.
When you finish your 23andMe Tour, you’ll FINALLY better understand what your DNA is telling you about your roots. You’ll be more confident in your results and be better able to explain them to others. You’ll even start to see how, over time, your 23andMe test results may continue to help you connect with unknown relatives and ancestors.
Your DNA Guide Diahan Southard is a globally-renowned genetic genealogy educator. She designed these self-paced modules with activities that reinforce your learning to give you a progressive, confident and thorough learning experience.
Lori Napolitano is a retired forensic investigator who created a statewide Investigative Genetic Genealogy program. She loved bringing her genealogy ‘hobby’ to work and solving cold cases, and now she brings her expertise to a step-by-step learning experience for you.
What comes with the 23andMe DNA Tour
- About 3 hours of engaging video instruction, divided into short, easy-to-learn segments so you can start, stop, and rewatch as needed to learn each key concept
- A colorful, 18-page, interactive, printable PDF workbook you can fill in as you go along–and which becomes a useful reference guide
- A total on-demand Tour experience of about 4-5 hours (videos+exercises), where you will learn at your own pace, at your convenience
- Indefinite access to your Tour, with occasional updates as MORE exciting new tools or features are added to 23andMe, so you can KEEP learning MORE of what your DNA can tell you
- BONUS: A handy digital edition of the 23andMe Quick Reference Guide, with at-a-glance reference for the important tools and features you’ll want to visit on the site
What you’ll learn
An Overview: Getting Started with 23andMe
Ancestry Composition at 23andMe: Deep Ancestry
- Navigating Your Ancestry Composition
- Dig into your DNA: Deep Ancestry
- Let’s Explore Haplogroups
- Implement Your Deep Ancestry
Ancestry Composition at 23andMe: Recent Ancestry
- Recent Ancestry Places
- Recent Ancestry Relatives
- Implement your Recent Ancestry
- Ethnicity Updates
DNA Matches at 23andMe
- An Introduction to DNA Matches
- Navigating the Match Page
- DNA Match Profile
- Implement Your DNA Matches at 23andMe
You’ve Only Just Begun!
- Next Steps with Your Ancestry Composition
- Family Tree Tool
- Chromosome Browser
- Intro to transferring
- DNA Testing Plan
- Do Genealogy!
- Set Your Settings (Settings are Boring, But They Matter)
What technical requirements are necessary?
Your Tour takes place entirely online. You’ll need a reliable internet connection for streaming the video learning sessions and for additional learning on your own time. You’ll need access to 23andMe test results, which do not come with this Tour.
Why take your Tour now?
The sooner you learn to understand your 23andMe results, the sooner you can use them to make meaningful discoveries about who you are and where you came from. That low price makes it SO much easier to say YES!