FINALLY Understand ALL Your AncestryDNA Results | Take the AncestryDNA Tour with Your DNA Guide
AncestryDNA test results can be exciting–if you understand them. Many people feel unsure or confused about what they’re seeing in their test results. That’s why I created a Guided Tour JUST for AncestryDNA!
What is the AncestryDNA Tour?
I’m glad you asked! It’s an online learning experience in which you’ll learn to navigate your way confidently around your AncestryDNA test results! Your Tour includes more than a dozen short, engaging video tutorials; a full-color, interactive PDF workbook; and activities to apply what you’re learning to your own results. When you finish your AncestryDNA Tour, you’ll better understand what your DNA is telling you about your roots–and what else it might reveal if you dig a little deeper.
Who should take the AncestryDNA Tour?
Anyone who has taken an AncestryDNA test and wishes they better understood their test results, or how to navigate the AncestryDNA website experience. Anyone who wishes to make significant, confident discoveries using DNA, such as identifying unknown ancestors or connecting with birth relatives.
The AncestryDNA Tour with Your DNA Guide can be yours for the low price of $29!
What you get with the AncestryDNA Tour:
- An on-demand Tour experience that should take 2-3 hours, but can go at your own speed, so you can start, stop, and come back if you need to, or re-watch whenever you want!
- Nearly 90 minutes of engaging video instruction, divided into 16 short segments, which makes it easier for you to learn concepts one at a time
- A 16-page, professionally-created, colorful, interactive, printable PDF workbook, with activities that help you apply what you just learned to your own DNA test results–and then becomes a useful reference guide for you
- Digital edition of the handy AncestryDNA Quick Reference Guide by Diahan Southard, which gives you at-a-glance reference for the important tools and features you’ll want to visit on the site
What topics will be covered in the AncestryDNA Tour?
Navigating Your DNA Story
- How to navigate, understand and use your deeper ethnicity results
- How to navigate, understand and use your recent ethnicity results, including those intriguing Genetic Communities and your DNA match locations
- How to understand ongoing updates to your DNA ethnicity estimates
Navigating Your DNA Matches
- An introduction to your DNA match list
- How to navigate the match page and explore individual match profiles
- What to do with your DNA match list: what it means and how to explore it
Next Steps: You’ve Only Just Begun!
- How to use AncestryDNA’s ThruLines tool to help understand your relationships to your DNA matches
- Now that you’re hooked on your fascinating results, what can you do next with them?
- How to be sure your AncestryDNA settings reflect what you want them to be
Once you purchase your AncestryDNA Tour, it’s yours indefinitely. You can come back any time to refresh your memory or understanding. The workbook is yours to keep and use, as is a complimentary digital copy of our AncestryDNA Quick Reference Guide.
Diahan was really good about explaining the basic science without dumbing it down too much. I loved that! This isn’t a ‘look-at’ video series–it’s a ‘stop-and-go-through-it’ experience. I already knew some things about AncestryDNA, but now I can connect all the dots and really understand what I’m doing there.
[Biggest win?] New tips and tricks to make DNA searches more interesting and do-able. Diahan is a fabulous teacher and cheerleader for anyone wanting to really get involved in DNA! Thanks a bunch! Fabulous class.
Very informative. I am usually lost; not knowing what I was doing or looking at in the [AncestryDNA] site. I loved the links that take you to other resources: YouTube videos and all the extra stuff. Love how easy it was.
The course helped me understand AncestryDNA much better. I made a note to myself that I need to make sure my settings in Ancestry are set right. I don’t remember ever using shared matches or looking at it. I am going to spend more time in the results looking around. This course was fun!
I learned so much in the AncestryDNA Tour! I am an old school ‘records-based’ genealogist. I had really not done much with the DNA results because it seemed too much like rocket science and work! Now I’m really glad I did and I feel a bit smarter.
The AncestryDNA Tour will help you make sense of your DNA matches, and put you on the path to finding out how you connect with your DNA cousins.
What technical requirements are necessary?
Your Tour takes place entirely online. To access it, you’ll need a reliable internet connection for streaming the video learning sessions and for additional learning on your own time. You’ll need access to AncestryDNA test results, which do not come with this Tour.
This Tour has been created by Your DNA Guide Diahan Southard, a globally-renowned genetic genealogy educator. The self-paced modules with activities that reinforce your learning have been designed to give you a progressive, confident and thorough learning experience.
Why take your Tour now?
The sooner you learn to understand your AncestryDNA results, the sooner you can use them to make meaningful family history discoveries. That low price makes it SO much easier to say YES!