MyHeritage DNA Results
Finally Understand Your MyHeritage DNA Results | Take the MyHeritage DNA Tour with Your DNA Guide
Millions of people around the world have taken the MyHeritage DNA test, or transferred their results there. But too many people don’t fully understand their test results or how to navigate them. They miss powerful insights about their heritage!
The MyHeritage DNA Tour with Your DNA Guide has answers. DNA expert Diahan Southard personally escorts you through the essential components, settings and concepts for using your DNA to explore your family story at MyHeritage. Our series of prerecorded video instructions, hands-on experience, workbook activities and a research log will help you apply what you learn to your own test results.
Take your DNA test results from confusion to clarity
Everyone deserves to know who they are and where they come from. DNA testing can help. But when you don’t understand your results, it can be disappointing and frustrating. Instead of gaining confidence about your origins, you may feel more confused. Instead of being excited to share with family and friends, you hesitate. You may even feel like you wasted your money.
It’s not just you! With DNA, there’s a learning curve.
That’s why we created the MyHeritage DNA Tour. It’s an online learning experience that takes about 2-3 hours (you set the pace!). You’ll watch a series of short, easy video tutorials. You’ll fill in a colorful, interactive PDF workbook. These exercises and activities will help you understand the DNA concepts and apply them to your own results.
When you finish your Tour, you’ll FINALLY better understand what your DNA is telling you about your roots. You’ll be more confident in your results and be better able to explain them to others. You’ll even see how, over time, your MyHeritage test results may continue to help you connect with unknown relatives and ancestors.
This Tour has been created by Your DNA Guide Diahan Southard, a globally-renowned genetic genealogy educator. The self-paced modules with activities that reinforce your learning have been designed to give you a progressive, confident and thorough learning experience.
What comes with the MyHeritage DNA Tour
- Nearly 90 minutes of engaging video instruction, divided into short, easy-to-learn segments so you can start, stop, and rewatch as needed to learn each key concept
- A colorful, 19-page, interactive, printable PDF workbook you can fill in as you go along–and which becomes a useful reference guide
- A total on-demand Tour experience of about 2-3 hours (videos+exercises), where you will learn at your own pace, at your convenience
- Indefinite access to your Tour, with occasional updates as MORE exciting new tools or features are added to MyHeritage, so you can KEEP learning MORE of what your DNA can tell you
- BONUS: A handy digital edition of the MyHeritage DNA Quick Reference Guide, with at-a-glance reference for the important tools and features you’ll want to visit on the site
What you’ll learn
Getting Started with MyHeritage DNA
- Should you test with MyHeritage or transfer your results from another company? Comparing the benefits
- Getting around MyHeritage DNA: Basic site navigation
Ethnicity Results at MyHeritage DNA: Deep Ancestry
- Navigating your ethnicity results at MyHeritage
- Digging into both your deep ancestry and recent ancestry: Genetic Groups
- How to understand ongoing updates to your DNA ethnicity estimates
- Filtering your DNA matches by ethnicity and Genetic Groups
- What can you do with your recent ethnicity results? Implementing them
DNA Matches at MyHeritage
- Navigating your DNA match list
- Exploring your individual matches: Navigating the match profile page
- Finding DNA matches outside the United States
- Theory of Family Relativity
- MyHeritage’s advanced DNA tools
- Privacy and settings
What technical requirements are necessary?
Your Tour takes place entirely online. You’ll need a reliable internet connection for streaming the video learning sessions and for additional learning on your own time. You’ll need access to MyHeritage DNA test results, which do not come with this Tour.
Why take your Tour now?
The sooner you learn to understand your MyHeritage DNA results, the sooner you can use them to make meaningful discoveries about who you are and where you came from. That low price makes it SO much easier to say YES!
There are a lot of features on My Heritage that would have been overlooked without the course. This was my third DNA site and I still found it difficult. Search results seemed inconsistent until you fully understood the impact of filters. Also Canada is not in their sample groups which meant a lot of migration data to filter out. I ended up with mostly matches at 4-5 cousins. The section on using their chart to interpret relationships was helpful as I found most of their suggestions too close.
I worked the whole course. It took much longer than I had anticipated, but I learned lots. Thanks.
We're so happy to hear that you've been able to learn so much with the MyHeritage Tour. Thanks for leaving a review!