Gedmatch can be a great place to collaborate with others who have been tested at other companies and gain access to more genetic tools to try to figure out how you are related to others.
If you are a member of law enforcement and you want to learn to use GEDmatch, click HERE.
It is a FREE (yes, FREE!) service provided by very intelligent and motivated genetic genealogists. Anyone with genetic genealogy test results from 23andMe, FTDNA.com (the Family Finder test), and Ancestry.com.
1. Head over to www.Gedmatch.com and click on “New User.”
2. Fill out the required form.
3. Check your email for confirmation.
4. Add the code from your email to the Gedmatch site to complete registration.
5. Upload your FTDNA data by clicking on FTDNA Family Finder in the File Uploads box. Upload your Ancestry Data by clicking on Ancestry.com in the File Uploads box. Note: If you have been tested at more than one company there is no need to upload both sets of data. One is sufficient, and it doesn't matter which.
6. Enter the required information. This first image is for FTDNA. The second for Ancestry.com.
similar fields for Ancestry.com customers:
7. Follow the same procedure to upload your X DNA information. First click on FTDNA X-DNA in the File Uploads menu. (For FTDNA Transfers only! Ancestry Customers move on to Step 8)
Then upload your X data, filling in the information as shown.
8. When your results are processed (can take up to a few weeks) they will appear on your homepage in the box titled “Your DNA Resources.”
If you are ready to upload to GEDmatch, click on their logo below to go to their website and get started:
If you want help up-loading to GEDmatch or learning how to use the tools at GEDmatch we can help you. You can either schedule a consultation or we have a Quick Guide just for GEDmatch.