Download Raw DNA from MyHeritage DNA
After you get your DNA test results from MyHeritage, be sure you download the raw DNA file. Do this for safekeeping and so you can transfer your DNA test results to another website to see what else you may learn.
Before you begin, you should note that you can only download your MyHeritage raw DNA files to a computer or Andriod device. They cannot be downloaded using an iPhone or iPad.
1. Login to your myheritage.com account.
2. Hover over the DNA tab and go to ‘Manage DNA Kits’:
3. On the Right side of the MyHeritage kit that you want to download, click on the three dot and select ‘Download’:
4. A window will pop up with information on what you are about to download. Click ‘Continue’:
6. An email with instructions will be sent to your registered email address.
7. Click on the download link:
8. You will be redirected to the MyHeritage site. You will need to enter your password and click the ‘Download’ button:
9. The file will be downloaded wherever your internet downloads are usually stored
Now that you have your MyHeritage raw data, you can upload it to other websites. Just click on the images to find out how.
Don’t miss out on what your DNA is telling you, just because you haven’t learned to work with your test results.
To get THE MOST about your DNA, you’ll want Your DNA Guide—the Book. Its step-by-step plans teach you the techniques you need to use DNA to address specific questions about your origins.