How to Download Your Raw DNA Results from AncestryDNA
One of the first things you should do after receiving your DNA test results from AncestryDNA is to download your raw DNA file. This is both for safekeeping and because you may want eventually want to transfer your DNA to another website to learn more from it. Here’s how to download your raw data from AncestryDNA.
1. Login to your Ancestry.com account.
2. In the top menu under DNA, click on “Your Results Summary.”
3. Clicking on the gear on the right will take you to your settings.
4. Scroll down to the very bottom of the page and find the Download or delete section.
5. Click Download DNA Data, then click the checkbox to state you agree to the terms, then click continue.
6. Verify your account with a code or your password.
7. Check your inbox for instructions on how to download your data.
This is what the contents of the email looks like. Just click on “Download DNA Data.”
8. Clicking will take you back to your Ancestry page where you click on “Download DNA Data.”
This action will download a file to wherever your internet downloads are usually stored. The file looks like this:
Now that you have your AncestryDNA raw data, you can upload the file to other sites. Just click on the images below to find out how:
Don’t miss out on what your DNA is telling you, just because you haven’t learned to work with your test results!
Get your copy of Your DNA Guide—the Book, with its step-by-step custom plans for your DNA questions, to learn how to use DNA to address specific questions about your origins (like identifying your DNA matches, finding birth relatives and building your family tree).